SB 379, PN 1279 (Vance) – This bill creates the Benevolent Gesture Medical Professional Liability Act. A vote of 50-0 was recorded.
HB 1112, PN 1426 (McGinnis) – This bill is an omnibus land conveyance bill, authorizing the Department of General Services (DGS), with the approval of the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs and the Governor, to convey various state armories located throughout the Commonwealth. Senator Smucker offered amendment A02585, which inserts a licensed gaming facility restriction on the properties. The amendment was agreed to and the bill went over in its order as amended.
HB 784, PN 1425 (Evankovich) – House Bill 784 further defines the extension of approved state and local building permits for development and construction projects. This language will allow for the extension of state and local construction permits approved as of July 2, 2013. In addition, this language will suspend the timeframe of already approved permits. Senator Pileggi offered amendment A02327, which provides for the automatic suspension of the expiration date of permits issued during the extension period under the Act (December 31, 2008 – July 2, 2016). The amendment was agreed to and the bill went over in its order as amended.
The Senate approved the following executive nominations by a vote of 50-0:
- Oralia Garcia Dominic, Pennsylvania Cancer Control, Prevention & Research Advisory Board (new appointment)
- T. Anthony Iannelli, Council of Trustees of Kutztown University (new appointment)
- Tom Kramer, State Board of Massage Therapy (new appointment)
- Donna K. Ponessa, State Board of Massage Therapy (reappointment)
- John T. Durbin, Public Employee Retirement Commission (new appointment)
- Michael P. Gleason, Public Employee Retirement Commission (new appointment)
- Honorable Beverly D. Mackereth, Secretary of Public Welfare (new appointment)
- Mark B. Guise, State Board of Veterinary Medicine (reappointment)