HB 708, PN 4408: This bill is a free-standing act, the “Covered Device Recycling Act”. The legislation establishes a recycling program for electronic wastes or e-waste. Senator Mellow offered amendment A9625 which was technical in nature. The Senate agreed to the amendment and the bill went over as amended.
HB 60, PN 3975: The legislation amends the Housing Finance Agency Law (Act 621 of 1959) to establish the Pennsylvania Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement Program to be administered by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA). A vote of 47-2 was recorded.
SB 428, PN 429: This bill amends Title 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) providing for registration of certain offenders, procedures, verification of residence and for information made available on the internet. A vote of 49-0 was recorded.
HB 664, PN 726: The bill amends the Workers’ Compensation Act by adding members of the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) to coverage of Workers’ Compensation Act. Senator Browne offered amendment A9670 which provides injured proprietors or partners will be compensated with rebuttable presumption of 50% of statewide average weekly wage. A vote of 30-19 was recorded on the amendment and the bill went over as amended.
SB 873, PN 1046: This bill amends Title 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) providing for right to counsel in juvenile proceedings. A vote of 48-1 was recorded.
HB 1609, PN 2269: This legislation amends the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code (Act 247 of 1968) further defining “traditional neighborhood developments” (TNDs) and further providing for standards, designations, guidelines, and ordinances applicable to TNDs. A vote of 49-0 was recorded.
HB 2066, PN 4394: The legislation creates the Independent Fiscal Office which will prepare revenue estimates, assessments of the state’s current fiscal condition and a projection of the condition during the next 5 years, develop performance measures, among other aspects. Senator Browne offered amendment A9687 which clarifies when the office may amend revenue estimates. The Senate agreed to the amendment and the bill went over as amended.
HB 2273, PN 3704: This bill amends Title 3 (Agriculture) by imposing a fee for cervidae livestock operation licensure, including license renewal. A vote of 48-1 was recorded.
HB 2338, PN 3593: This bill creates the Children in Foster Care Act. It will provide requirements for children in foster care and for grievance policy and procedures. A vote of 49-0 was recorded.
HB 2521, PN 4290: This bill creates the Anatomic Pathology Service Disclosure Act, providing for anatomic pathology service disclosure. A vote of 49-0 was recorded.
The Senate approved the following nominations by a vote of 49-0:
- Virginia Birmingham, State Board of Accountancy
- Rommel L. Rivera, M.D., Pennsylvania Council on Aging
- Robert Wargo, Pennsylvania Council on Aging
- Dale Elise Klein, Clerks of Courts, Dauphin County
- William H. Conyngham, Esq., Clerks of Courts, Luzerne County
- Guido M. Pichini, Board of Governors of the State System of Higher Education
- James J. Black, III, Esq., Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority
- George Michael Roberts, Med, ATC, NASM-PES, State Board of Medicine
- Ann Michele Coughlin, RN,MSN, MBA, State Board of Nursing
- Robert A. Etchells, State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators
- Mark H. Dambly, Board of Trustees of the Pennsylvania State University
- Paul H. Silvis, Board of Trustees of the Pennsylvania State University
- Hon. Clinton J. Walters, Sheriff, Bradford County
- Frank M. Snyder, II, State Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers and Salesperson